Unlocking Corporate Value - Lessons From Private Equity
New York, NY
Login to Register
Non-Member Price: $75
Over the past 30 years, the private equity industry has grown from humble beginnings to become an integral part of the global business landscape. Worldwide, private equity firms control companies worth tens of trillions of dollars. With approximately $1.5 trillion in assets under management, the private equity industry in the United States is an important steward of a large slice of the country’s investment capital. And, indeed, the willingness of endowments, pension funds and family offices to invest in private equity is a testament to the success that leading buyout funds have had over the years.
Long gone are the days when private equity funds could create value through just leverage and cost reduction. Today, the most successful private equity funds consistently demonstrate a keen ability to generate superior performance by creating real and sustainable operating and productivity improvements at their portfolio companies.
Join us to hear our panel of experts identify the strategic, operating and governance factors that drive success at private equity-owned companies and how those factors differentiate PE portfolio companies from their public company counterparts.
Some of the questions our panel will address include:
- What does a private equity fund look for in an acquisition target?
- What changes take place during the first 100 days of private equity ownership?
- How do private equity firms enhance the performance of the companies they acquire? What are their keys to unlocking value?
- What are the primary metrics PE funds use to monitor the success of their portfolio companies and how do they differ from those used by public companies?
- What are some of the contrasts in management incentives and corporate governance between PE-owned companies and their public counterparts?
- What traits and habits distinguish top performing PE funds from the rest of their competitors?
- What are the most important lessons that public company directors can learn from private equity?
Panelists to be announced
Location and Time
50 Vanderbilt Ave
50 Vanderbilt Ave
New York, NY 10017
12:00- 12:30PM registration and lunch
12:30 - 2:30PM program and connect with colleagues